Coming soon! Learn all about WRS and all the excellent opportunities our school has to offer.
GRCSU Vision: L.E.A.D.– Learn, Explore, Aspire, Discover
GRCSU Mission: The core mission of the Greater Rutland County Supervisory Union is to
create an engaged learning community by empowering students to:
● Learn independently and collaboratively.
● Explore their own passions and choose their own pathways.
● Aspire to achieve success.
● Discover their own roles as contributing members of local and global communities.
West Rutland School Home-School Compact 2021-2022
To help all children achieve high standards teachers will:
- Provide evidence of individual achievement respectful of student needs through ongoing assessment
- Provide regular communication with parents and students
- Report student successes and concerns to parents
- Provide suggestions for appropriate activities with children at home
- Offer a variety of learning opportunities
- Serve as a positive role model through behavior, work ethic, and respect
- Report student successes and concerns to teachers
- Provide specific time and space for homework completion
- Review and supervise schoolwork
- Attend to physical needs by assuring rest, proper nutrition, and necessary medical attention
- Assure regular and punctual school attendance to school
- Prepare all assignments in an organized manner
Strive to achieve best effort
- Report successes and concerns to parents and teachers
- Arrive on time and attend regularly
- Assume responsibility for their behavior